Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Huntsville State Park Project

On October 8 our class is making a presentation at the Huntsville State Park over the Great Depression era (which is when the park was built). We are all chipping in to make the presentation as big of a success as we hope to. I am making a sort of exhibit over the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) showing the contributions in creating portions of the park including the dam that makes Lake Raven, and the group recreation hall. I am also part of the committee in charge of food for the event. I am hoping to get a donation from Wal-Mart to help finance the operation. Hopefully there will be about one hundred people that show up to our presentation, so any help we can get will be great. I also have to go to the store and see how much it all will cost for all of the stuff that we need for the food portion of the day. I am anticipating the turnout for the day, and also hoping that everything goes as smooth as I have invisioned during this planning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment