Monday, November 2, 2009
Website Building with Dreamweaver
In 2007, the Netcraft Web Server Survey estimated that there were about 108 million websites in existence, and every day that number continues to grow. Dreamweaver is a Microsoft program that provides a way for the public to create their own unique sites. A site can be very basic, and on the other end of the spectrum it can be quite complex. As I embark on the journey of building my website for my digital project, there are some concerns I have with this program. First and foremost, to someone that isn't "tech savvy", this website building process isn't easy. A lot of the items that are needed to make the entire site work aren't necessarily readily available, which can create some definite setbacks to anyone's site. I just feel like I will spend more time reading a users manual to the program than actually building the site, so that makes the process a little boring to me. I do understand that a lot is involved when it comes to building a web site, which consequently is why the program is set up the way that it is. On the bright side of things, the structuring process has raised some questions on the content that I intend on making visible to viewers. Do I want this to look like a timeline? How is this information connected to other information on the site? How can I link everything together for a better flowing page? These are examples of questions that can also be applied to my research paper, and can help in the completion of it as well. When the entire process is finished I hope that they can complement each other, and I will have successfully answered all of these questions, and have provided an informative and useful site to my viewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment